Now, if you’re more of a protein-packed breakfast lover, you’re in the right place. Shiitake mushrooms contain 8 amino acids and are prized for their ability to assist weight loss and lower blood pressure (to name a couple). Here's a modern twist on a classic omelette recipe.
Category: Lunch recipes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
10g dried shiitake mushroom
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 tsp butter
Pinch of salt
Beat the 3 eggs in a bowl together, then add a pinch of salt
2) Heat the sunflower oil and butter in a frying pan over a medium-low heat until melted
3) Pour the eggs into the pan and allow them to cover the pan surface
4) Cook the mixture for roughly 30 seconds, then make a line in the middle of the mix
5) Repeat once or twice more to allow the egg mixture to set
6) Add the dried shiitake mushrooms in the middle of the mixture
7) Fold the omelette mix in half gently once filled
8) Continue to fry until thoroughly cooked on both sides then remove from heat
9) Serve and enjoy!
You are more than welcome to use any other variant of mushroom as part of this recipe!